Government Relations and Municipal Affairs is a light user of consultants, spending just $719,806 between 2012 and 2014 ($345,550 in 2013-2014 and $374,256 in 2012-2013). However, spending is noticeably higher than in 2005-2006, when no consultants were hired, and 2008-2009, which was under $100,000.
KPMG, which provides a wide range of financial management and analysis services, marked the biggest expense over the two most recent years. Other services for 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 included:
- Applications Management Consulting (Management consulting, $125,479)
- HJ Linnen Associates (Management consulting, $66,590)
- Vadim Software (Public sector software consulting and installation, $70,781)
- Wayne Tchorzewski (Project consultant, $64,498)
- Ray Van Dusen (Crime prevention through environmental design, $63,498)
Of note, several individuals listed as suppliers became government employees the following year.
Government Relations downloadable data spreadsheet (Excel file)